Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Dipartimento di Ingegneria e Architettura
Unità di Ingegneria dell’Informazione
Parco Area delle Scienze, 181/A
43124 – Parma, Italy
Davide Alinovi was born in Parma, Italy on November 15th, 1987. He received “Laurea” degree (3-year program, equivalent to Bachelor) and “Laurea Magistrale” degree (3+2 program, equivalent to Master) with honors in Telecommunications Engineering from the University of Parma, Italy, in December 2010 and November 2013, respectively.
Since January 2014 he joined the Multimedia Laboratory (MultimediaLab) group as a Ph.D. student in Information Technologies at the Department of Information Engineering (DII) of the University of Parma, supervised from Prof. Riccardo Raheli.
During the Ph.D. course, he started working on reliable diagnosis systems for apnea and breathing diseases and for continuous non-contact respiration monitoring based on video processing algorithms, in collaboration with the Department of Neuroscience of the University Hospital of Parma, Italy.
From February 2017, he is Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Engineering and Architecture, Unit of Information Engineering, University of Parma, working on the project “Information and Feature Extraction from Sensors and Video Cameras for Biomedical Applications”, in collaboration with the University Hospital of Parma, Italy.
His research activity ranges from image and video processing, with emphasis to biomedical field and medical applications, digital signal processing to information theory applications on multimedial signals and data or sensor fusion techniques.
The research activity is focused on multidimensional signal processing, with particular interest on biomedical applications and eHealth.
- Digital and multidimensional signal processing
- Information theory applications
- Computer vision, image and video processing
- Medical event statistical modelling
- Sensors for biomedical monitoring
Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 33, pp. 245–254, 2017.
Computers in Biology and Medicine, 80, pp. 158-165, 2017.
Respiratory Rate Monitoring by Maximum Likelihood Video Processing (Inproceeding)
2016 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT), IEEE, Limassol, Cyprus, 2016.
Video Simulation of Apnoea Episodes (Inproceeding)
2015 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) Workshop, pp. 1-6, IEEE, Turin, Italy, 2015.
2015 IEEE International Symposium on Medical Measurements and Applications (MeMeA), pp. 12-17, IEEE, Turin, Italy, 2015.
2014 IEEE Workshop on Biometric Measurements and Systems for Security and Medical Applications (BIOMS), pp. 67-73, IEEE, Rome, Italy, 2014, ISBN: 978-1-4799-5175-8.
- Teaching assistant of the course Laboratorio di Segnali Digitali (Prof. R. Raheli)
- Summer stage for university orientation (in italian)
- Winter stage for I.I.S. “B. Pascal”, university orientation (in italian)
- Teaching assistant of the course Sistemi e Comunicazioni Digitali + Laboratorio (Prof. R. Raheli and Prof. G. Picchi)
- Veronica Mattioli, Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Informatica, Elettronica e delle Telecomunicazioni, Università di Parma. Topic: “Autoregressive models for hearth rate extraction from video signals”. December 2016.